Friday, December 13, 2013

Growing Your Hair Out!!!

How many of you have ever tried one of those homemade hair remedies???  Okay so I had one of my friends ask me the other day if I would try out this recipe for her.  The recipe is said to be able to grow your hair out while keeping it completely healthy (I'm a little bit skeptical that it'll work) I've heard it all before.  Now I did my research...some of the ingredients it wants to use I have read that hair dressers do recommend them.  So maybe we'll strike a pot of gold and in the end win!
Over the years I've tried it all.  Does anyone remember that one article on Seventeen Magazine about how to get your hair super shiny?  Well I do and I thought "hey lets try it out!" moral of the story....Don't do it!  The yogurt and egg made my hair stink and I still had stuff in my hair the next day.
Maybe you'll remember this one...Sorry but it is also from Seventeen.  In my defense I was a freshman in high school when I tried this and am regretful to tell you that I did it despite how lame it sounded!  I mean smashing a banana into your hair.  But by all means maybe it will work better for you than it did for me.
Now this recipe unlike the other too aren't for shine or strengthening its for growth.  Last winter I had the same hair color I have now, yet during the summer I decided to go back blonde, why don't ask, but the result was the same I had to cut off my long locks due to damage and split ends.

 
So I'm hoping this recipe rings true just as much as you guys. So here's what we have to do:
Recipe:
  • one bottle shampoo(your choice)
  • red onion
  • honey
  • rosemary
Cut the onion into small pieces, in half a cup of water boil the rosemary for 5 minutes and add 5 tablespoons of honey.  Put all the ingredients in your shampoo. And its ready to use.
 
You all know I am a skeptic and this recipe just has a dash of crazy sounding in it, but I'm willing to try anything once so here's the before picture
I use this only because my hair was straight in the picture! 
I'll post a progress picture in two weeks and we can compare the results feel free to try it with me!
Any other remedies you'd like me to try?  Comment below!
 

No comments: