Wednesday, December 11, 2013

The year in review

Holy Crap! It's been a year already! I honestly just can't believe it! I mean can you imagine what you were doing in march, because I can I was turning 18....
 
 
I still can't even get over the fact that in less than four months i'll have been 18 for a year.  Okay moving on what were you guys doing in say April of 2013 going to the beach, enjoying your spring break and partying like rockstars?  No?  Close?  I wouldn't know I can't see you so i'll just imagine you saying yes!  Well I was competing at my last cheer competition of the season in Myrtle Beach, SC...

 
 
Little did I know that would be the last time I would preform with my best friend Makenna, she had to have back surgery in November to heal a herniated disc in her spine.  That was almost a year ago! 
Did any of you guys go to prom this year?  Was it your first?  Last?  Mine was sad in a heartbreaking and just sad kind of way!  It was my Senior year and it was already sad to begin with but to add that I didn't have a date well..icing on the cake as they say.  Lucky for me my friend Kenna the one mentioned above...well she stepped in as my date and I as hers.


I know they say that going with your friends is more fun, but im slightly inclined to disagree with that statement.  Okay May??? anyone?  No me neither!! haha nothing good happened in May for me.. It all started the next month in June.  I GRADUATED!!!!!! Ahhhhhh I was so excited haha who wouldn't be.. I mean it is the last time you have to step into a high school where everyone thinks of you as a little child.  To make it better my mom and step dad flew in to see me graduate along with my best friend from my childhood..


The summer was a long and relaxing one......How was ya'lls? (yess..I know theres that southern girl accent)  I was hoping to go to the beach at some point this summer, you know as a senior trip kind of thing, but instead I went up to Cincinnati to visit my best friend.  Brooke and I were born 13 days apart(im the oldest..of course) and we've been friends since.



Can you tell we are best friends....her mom took the photoshoot of us on our last day together.  It isn't hard to tell which was the bossy one of us growing up...even though I was the oldest..


Yeah not the most sliming picture I could find, but it suits our relationship so well that I just had to put it in here.


We definitely do not get along all of the time and we have our fights like most siblings(lets face it we are practically sisters) but I have to say this trip definitely defined my summer.

 my other base and best friend
 my flyer
 my college friend


And finally I started College, Joined two new teams making new friends and reuniting with old ones after a long summer. 

In retrospect it has been an absolutely amazing year and the really big sad part of all of this is that it took Facebook for me to remember "Hey the year is ending stupid!"  yeah yeah I know but that is what my inner voice is like.  So go back and look at what all has happened in your life since last January I can't believe how much I have changed and stayed the same.

GOODBYE 2013!  AND WELCOME 2014! CAN'T WAIT TO SEE WHATS IN STORE FOR ME!


No comments: